Grass-fed burger with microgreens, mint aioli & feta
Here is your recipe:
For the quick-pickled onion
1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 red onion, thinly sliced
For the aioli
2 large garlic cloves
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cups olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
For the burger
2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
6 brioche buns
1 ½ tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
½ cup microgreens
- To make the quick pickled onions, whisk together the first three ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until the sugar and salt dissolve. Place the onion in a jar and pour the vinegar mixture over top. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To make the aioli, add all the ingredients into the base of an immersion blender. Blend on high speed until all the ingredients are incorporated and you have a smooth sauce. Alternatively, blend in a food processor.
- To make the burgers, shape the beef into 6, 1-inch thick patties. Handle the meat as little as possible – the more you work it, the tougher it gets. Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the center of each burger to prevent them from ballooning up. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350°F. Spread a thin layer of chipotle sauce on each bun and bake until toasted, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, warm the oil and butter until melted. Add the patties, working in batches if needed, until browned on each side, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove patties from the heat and let cool.
- Layer brioche buns with aioli, burger patties, a few onions, a sprinkle of feta and a handful of microgreens.
Courtesy of: courtesy of Ms. Renee Lynn and http://www.msreneelynn.com/